WAMITAB BESPOKE TRAINING
Mentoring & other WAMITAB related Services & Training
In addition to our WAMITAB Assessment services, EWS also provides several other training support services.
Mentoring for WAMITAB Operator Competence
Mentoring is provided on a one-to-one basis with one of our highly experienced Assessors who are able to assist learners who are struggling with knowledge gaps. In order to help those learners complete the question paper component of their WAMITAB Level 4 Operator Competence Qualifications, we provide a one-day Environmental Awareness Course. This course is aimed at helping learners improve their knowledge across all the main regulatory and legislative requirements of the waste industry.
WAMITAB Continuing Competency Refresher Course
We provide a refresher course for those who need to renew their WAMITAB / CoTC competency by taking on the online test to continue to act as the site competent person. This needs to be taken every 2 years to be compliant. Please Contact Us for details.
Duty of Care Course
EWS designed an in-depth one-day training course covering all aspects of waste duty of care, which covers the following points:
- Environmental Protection Act 1990 section 34 Duty of care – General legislative background covering requirements from all waste holders/owners
- Registered waste carriers – Who needs to be registered and your obligations
- Waste Brokers and their responsibilities under the Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991
- The List of Wastes (England) Regulations 2005 – understanding correct EWC coding and sources of waste
- Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991 – Waste transfer notes. *
- The Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005 – Consignment notes *
- The Transfrontier Shipment of Waste Regulations 2007 – Annex VII completion and requirements
- Receiving/dispatching wastes to/from Exempt waste facilities – what’s authorised
- Failure to comply with the duty of care – possible outcomes and penalties
- Plant Training – all aspects of plant independently assessed
- Banksman Training
- Hazardous Waste Awareness
- Manual handling
- Violence & Aggression in the workplace