WAMITAB Levels 1-3 Non Statutory Qualifications
WAMITAB Non-Statutory Qualifications (Levels 1-3)
EWS can deliver the below lower level 1 – 3 qualifications to cover a variety of occupations in waste and commercial industries.
WAMITAB Level 1 Qualifications
This level is ideal for new staff or for those wishing to gain basic skills and knowledge to gain employment.
- Diploma in Recycling Activities – aimed at Recycling and Transfer station Operatives
- Award in Waste and Recycling – aimed at Waste Collection Drivers and Street Cleaning Operatives
WAMITAB Level 2 Qualifications
This level is ideal for staff who work within the industry, and you wish for them to be recognised for the skills and knowledge they have gained. Some of these courses can also attract funding for Apprentices programs or be funded through the Adult Learning Budget.
- Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative – aimed at Recycling and Transfer station Operatives who have some decision-making functions.
- Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management – a knowledge course for new entrants into the waste and recycling sector and forms part of the waste apprenticeship.
- Diploma for Sustainable Recycling Activities – aimed at those wishing to work in the recycling sector covering reception, segregation, and processing of WEEE.
- Certificate in Front Line Environmental Services – aimed at Recycling and Transfer station Operatives, Winter Gritters.
The below award is also an accepted qualification by CITB for those who also need to hold a CSCS blue card – Skilled Worker:
- Certificate in Cleaning and Support Services – aimed at Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Cleaning staff who have some decision-making functions.
WAMITAB Level 3 Qualifications
This level is ideal for staff who work within the industry and are employed as team leaders or supervisors.
- Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management
- Diploma for Waste Supervisor
- Diploma for Sustainable Recycling activities
- Certificate in Facilities Management
All these levels of awards have a mixture of on-the-job assessment and blended learning whereby a portfolio of evidence is put together. We can adapt the delivery of levels 1 and 2 for those where English is not necessarily their strong written language.